St George’s Park host the Warwick Sports Hip Meeting
Today delegates will arrive at St George's Park, the home of new FA rehab centre, for a two day international conference bringing together surgeons and sports doctors specialising in the hip. The event will cover topics including groin pain, hip injury, femoroacetabular impingement and early hip degeneration in the young, active patient.
The 2016 programme
This year the programme will focus on:
- Hip instability
- Deep gluteal and peritrochanteric spaces
- Strength & Conditioning
- Training and rehabilitation
- Hip Cartilage
- The Failing Hip
There will also be a number of workshops throughout the day.
A complete agenda is available here.
Interesting facts about the venue
The St Georges Park complex near Burton-on-Trent is the flagship Football Association Centre which boats some impressive facts, including:
- The sports hall is 1/3 of the area of the current Wembley pitch and is the largest seamless area elastic PU floor in the UK
- 3.5 miles of rabbit fencing has been used to protect pitches
- 12 full-size pitches, including one indoor full-size pitch
- 230 televisions and projector screens have been installed with 23 touch screens and boards
- St. George's Park is home to 24 England teams
- 65inch touch screen television in the England senior team dressing room
- 2.4million litres of water is in a holding tank to service the infield irrigation points
Össur will also be supporting the event so feel free to come down and speak with one of our representatives.